Dr. Ita Richardson
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
Lero - Irish Software Engineering Research Centre
Room Number: LRG-007, Lero Offices
Direct Line: + 353-61-202765
Current research projects:
· Project Leader on Global Software Development for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises - GSD for SMEs (www.lero.ie)
· Member of Lero - the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre (www.lero.ie)
· S-Cube EU FP7 Network of Excellence
· Software Process Improvement and its implementation in Industry, especially in small (< 50 employees) companies
Recently completed research projects:
· Principal Investigator on Gender Audit at UL (Gender Audit @ UL) – SFI funded project completed 2007
· Implementation of metrics as a tool to improve the Software Process.
Post-Graduate Research Projects:
Supervision of full-time and part-time PhD and MSc projects. Students’ projects focus on Software Process, Global Software Development, Quality of Service, Business Process Modelling. We are interested particularly in the automotive and medical device sectors and in small to medium sized enterprises.
If you are interested in doing post-graduate research in any of these areas, feel free to contact me. Available opportunities on http://www.lero.ie/aboutlero/vacancies/.
International Conference on Global Software Engineering
Doctoral Symposium Chair ICGSE 2008
Relevant Web Sites:
M.Sc. in Software Engineering:
This is a full-time and part-time course which started in AY 2004/2005 in the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems. This year, I have taken time out to concentrate on research, but normally teach Software Engineering Quality. I have supervised student dissertations on a project which is run through the GSD for SME project with Siemens Corporate Research. From this project, I have a number of Education Research publications.
o Life-Saving - Irish Water Safety
o Swimming & Walking
o Hurling, Football, Camogie
o Choral singing